To make a positive and profound difference in the wider community, through teaching the healing powers of the creative process of art making to help treat depressive disorders, in the hope to see fewer incidents of depressive disorders and a decreased rate of suicide occurrences in the future.
To deliver and further develop quality Art for Wellbeing workshops and programs through partnerships with government and non-government organisations, working with vulnerable people in need of life direction and emotional support and stability, as a suicide preventative initiative.
- 2011 – 2014 Bachelor of Arts, University of the Sunshine Coast, Sociology Major Grade Point Average (GPA) – 6.88, Psychology Major GPA – 6.13, Bachelor Degree GPA – 6.45
- 2007 – 2008 Certificate III in Small Business Management, New Enterprise Initiative Scheme (NEIS), Department of Education, Employment, and Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
- 1999 – 2000 Diploma in Visual Art, Cooloola Institute of TAFE, Noosa
- 2006-2015 Kaiviti, South-East Queensland – Artist, arts tutor, workshop and program development and coordination, art and craft workshop facilitation, Art for Wellbeing facilitation and personal life coaching
- 2009-2010 The Cooper Gallery, Noosa – Administration, acquisitions, sales and events/exhibitions
- 2004 – 2006 Picture This Gallery, Broadbeach – Full-time gallery management role
- 2003 Art Galleries Schubert – Full-time gallery assistant role.
- 2014 Awarded Faculty Commendation for Academic Excellence, University of the Sunshine Coast
- 2007 Awarded RADF Grant $2000 to Burleigh Arts Group Inc. for Workshops Program, sponsored by Gold Coast City Council and Arts Queensland
- 2005 Awarded RADF Grant $2000 to Burleigh Arts Group Inc. for Public Liability Insurance, sponsored by Gold Coast City Council and Arts Queensland
- 2001 Awarded RADF grant $500, sponsored by Noosa Council and Arts Queensland for solo exhibition ‘Culture Shock’
- 2000 Special Award $300, Cooloola Institute of TAFE, sponsored by Sunshine Coast Art Supplies
- 1999 Encouragement Award $250, Cooloola Institute of TAFE, sponsored by Unique Impressions
- 2008 ARTBOX PROJECT GOLD COAST – Queensland Urban Ecology Site 20 Traffic signal box ID 5191, Remembrance Drive & Surfers Paradise Blvd, Artworks ‘Kombi at Surfers’ and ‘Kombi’
Site 30 Traffic signal box ID 5086, The Esplanade Opposite Cavill Ave Mall, Artwork ‘Surfgirl’
Public Programs and Events
- 2015 Developed and facilitated two-hour Craft Workshop for children, Noosaville, for Sunshine Butterflies
- 2014 Developed Art4Wellbeing Program to assist people living with depressive disorders
- 2010 Developed and facilitated School Holiday Christmas Craft Workshop for children, The J, Noosa Junction, for Sunshine Coast Council
- 2009 Initiated and developed the Summer School Holiday Workshop program for children aged 6 to 12 years, developed three two-hour art workshops and ran workshops as facilitating artist.
- 2007 Developed and facilitated Coffee Painting workshops for the Coffee Festival, The Marina, The Spit, Gold Coast
- 2006 Initiated and organised an Indigenous Art exhibition at Picture This Gallery, in collaboration with Desert Rain Gallery. Arranged an educational talk on opening night to raise awareness of culture and artists from the Utopia region.
- 2005 In conjunction with The Burleigh Arts Group, organised and sourced funding for the first Art in the Park public event, Burleigh, Gold Coast.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2009 Kingscliffe Beach Hotel in conjunction with the Funky Fiesta Arts Festival.
- 2009 ‘Kombi’s and Beach inspired images, Noosa Junction Plaza, Noosa Junction.
- 2006 One Month Showing at Connors, Burleigh Heads.
- 2005 One Month Showing at Connors, Burleigh Heads – ‘The Butterfly Effect’.
- 2003 One Month Showing at Connors, Burleigh Heads.
- 2001 ‘Culture Shock’ – Access Gallery, Noosa Regional Gallery.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2009 ‘Seriously Fun’ – The Cooper Gallery, Noosa
- 2008 ‘Je T’aime Paris’ – The Way of Design Gallery, Currumbin
- 2007 ‘Gold Coast Images’ – Robina Community Gallery, Robina.
- 2007 ‘For the Love of Art’ – Burleigh Arts Group Gallery, Burleigh Heads.
- 2007 ‘Burleigh Arts Group Show’ – Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast.
- 2005 ‘Emerge’ – Central Plaza, Queen Street, Brisbane City.
- 2003 ‘Footsies Art Prize’ – Footmaster Podiatry, Broadbeach.
- 2003 ‘Erotic Art Show’ – Ashmore, Gold Coast.
- 2002 ‘Body of Music’ – The Main Art Tree, Pacific Paradise.
- 2002 ‘Funky Fiesta’ – Community Gallery, Maroochydore.
- 2001 ‘Emergence 8’ – Access Gallery, Noosa Regional Gallery, Tewantin.
- 2000 ‘In Our Sights’ – The Shed Gallery, Noosaville.
- 2000 Large Collaborative Oil Painting – Permanent Exhibit, CSIT Nambour.
- 1999 ‘Starkers’ – The Shed Gallery, Noosaville.
- 1999 Large Collaborative Woodcut – Permanent Exhibit, CSIT Nambour.
Professional Affiliations & Commitments
- 2015-2016 Independent qualitative and quantitative research into art and wellbeing in preparation for the Art for Wellbeing book
- 2015 Volunteer guest artist for October, November and December Get Creative Children’s Art Program, The Butter Factory Arts Centre, Cooroy
- 2000 – 2015 Individual and Group Workshop Facilitation and Tutoring in Painting, Drawing, Colour, Life Drawing, and Hebel Sculpting throughout South-East Qld
- 2015 Volunteer Mentor, Connect2Mentoring Program, United Synergies, Tewantin
- 2015 Volunteer Business Mentor, GI Challenge, Generation Innovation
- 2014 Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society, University of the Sunshine Coast Chapter (membership only offered to top 15% of cohort).
- 2010 Volunteer, Children’s Art Activities, Noosa Regional Gallery
- 2008 Vice President, The Burleigh Arts Group Inc.
- 2007 Committee Member, Exhibitions Coordinator, The Burleigh Arts Group Inc.
- 2006 Established Kaiviti
- 2005 – 2006 Founding Member, Secretary, The Burleigh Arts Group Inc.
- 2003 Volunteer, Gold Coast City Art Gallery.
- 2002 Conceptual Development and co-curator, for ‘Body of Music’.
Invitation and Logo Design for ‘Body of Music’. Arts Tutor in Painting and Drawing, The Main Art Tree Gallery, Mudjimba.
- 2000 – 2002 Committee Member, Shop Manager and Coordinator, Noosa Regional Gallery.